- Consulting corporations use in-residence recruiters to aid them locate university and MBA pupils for careers.
- But they also rely on external recruiters to fill entry-stage and senior roles.
- Business enterprise Insider spoke with 10 impartial consulting recruiters and career coaches on the assistance they’d give to candidates who are interested in consulting roles, or how they can produce transferable techniques.
- Mark Wealthy, a consulting headhunter at Whitehouse Pimms, said obtaining your name in a recruiter’s distinctive database and establishing a personal link with the interviewer are some strategies to enhance your chances of landing a consulting job.
- Pay a visit to Small business Insider’s homepage for far more tales.
If you want to perform at a significant consulting firm like McKinsey or PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC), recognizing recruiters is critical to having your foot in the doorway.
Companies like McKinsey, Bain & Co., and Deloitte use internal recruiters to obtain MBA and bachelor’s candidates on university campuses.
But major consulting corporations also operate with external recruiters to hire entry-stage or poach professional, senior-amount hires. There are also on the internet platforms together with Administration Consulted, My Consulting Give, and MyConsultingCoach that link career seekers with profession coaches who enable candidates fantastic their résumés, protect letters, and job interview responses. A lot of of these coaches have beforehand labored at major corporations, and they give an within scoop to what it requires to land a purpose.
There are area of interest locations within just consulting, these kinds of as turnaround, individual bankruptcy, and electronic transformation, that are usually crammed by recruiters of much more expert consultants. Firms also operate with exterior recruiters to shuttle talent to and from the “Huge Three” (McKinsey, Bain, and BCG) and the “Big 4” (PwC, KPMG, EY, and Deloitte) to other chances in the sector.
Go through a lot more: Meet up with the recruiters choosing for 6-figure work at consulting firms like Bain, McKinsey, PwC, and KPMG
Entry-level consultants with MBAs can make up to a $170,000 base income, which doesn’t include functionality or signing bonuses. An advisory principal, for instance, can make $230,000 at Bain, $804,751 at PwC, or $950,000 at KPMG.
Organization Insider spoke with 6 exterior recruiters and 4 vocation coaches about how they work with top consultancies to discover talent, and how you can stand out in the applicant pool.
Here is what they said about how candidates can raise their possibilities of landing 6-determine consulting jobs.