COVID-19 has severely disrupted the retail sector worldwide. For online merchants, it’s resulted in an unprecedented rise in eCommerce traffic, thus making digital the new competitive playground. Let’s read more about the accelerated shift to the digital commerce space and see why working with the payments company PinWheelPay can be beneficial for you.
COVID & Digital Offers: PinWheelPay
COVID-19 has resulted in increased importance and need for eCommerce. In today’s era of retail, it’s all about the customer. Businesses are going through a transformation phase because of the current crisis and struggling to stay afloat or stand out.
According to the technology company Bazaarvoice, 85% of retailers surveyed expect an increase in the online sales during this holiday season. About 69% are planning to purchase clothes over the internet during this holiday season or the next months, as Cotton’s November Coronavirus Response Survey shows.
What about you? Are you searching for advanced, reliable and cheap merchant services to boost your sales? Consider working with Pinwheel Pay, a respectable payment company that boasts a 5-star rating by Best Payment Providers.
A reputable merchant-services provider like PinWheel committed to offering a unique experience to merchants for managing Global Payments across a single platform, you can take your business to the next level with ease.
This is how you can enjoy innovative payment technologies, multi-currency processing, online payments, and solutions for effective operation in this or that industry.
Retailers Shifting to Digital Offers
According to Euromonitor International, 73% of global retailers find the move towards online sales to be permanent. From 2019 to 2024, the growth of the global online-retail sector will make up $1.5 trillion. It’s no wonder that this year’s holiday season isn’t going to be like any other. So, what’s going to be trending for businesses and customers?
- Touchless or contactless payments are becoming ubiquitous to the in-store experience.
- Building an end-to-end digital product catalog featuring real-time integrity around price and availability plays a crucial role in not stating behind the holiday increase in online sales. Of course, this mustn’t negatively affect the quality and customer experience.
- Do your best to properly present your catalog and make it shoppable to enjoy a successful online store.
- Reach out to your customers where they’re. This refers to both online and social media channels. Offer the payment types they want to use. By the way, the latter means are mainly about touchless, smartphone-based options like QR codes, Apple Pay, and Google Pay.
- Be focused on social selling.
- Offer short-term, time-based content based on evergreen thinking. And more.
To wrap things up, COVID-19 has made retailers get more serious about managing expectations about how businesses will survive amid and after COVID. Importantly, the demand for digital isn’t going to disappear. So, what you need to do is to create a budget around online channels or apply an omnichannel approach.
Author Bio: Content crafter Alex Wilmont has been active in the payments industry for over 15 years and can best help you with payment companies such as Pinwheel Pay. He lives simply, gives generously and loves his 2 dogs. His mission is to enhance and innovate the fintech industry for years to come.